For all that you know I shall be hooked to somethings for a while so much so that I shall imagine eating it day in and day out. Like the the perfect chocolate chip cookie I made a while ago. It has been on my mind ever since. And yesterday finally put it together to calm my nerves for a work assignment I have been dreading. It came out perfect again. Oh I'm so in love with it. Before you know I'm already visualizing it.
So it won't come to you as a surprise that I made cheesecake again. After the dulce de leche cheesecake , it is dulce de leche my favourite sweet thing in a can. And the very next day I bought 3 cans of condensed milk with the intention of making dulce de leche. Somehow, I never came around it and as it always happens it turned out to be a very close friend's birthday tomorrow.
There wasn't enough time to prepare dulce de leche. And I was certain his husband would have planned a cake for her. But I was still to high on making something sweet for her(read: myself) that I decide to make Sunflower Cheese cupcake ! Just don't notice the lack of pictures because I don't want to give you the reason that I was in quiet a hurry and was panicked, just didn't get time or mind to take pictures. But they were so GOOD I had to share.
Orange cheese cupcakes with Nutella Aka Sunflower Cheese cupcake
Makes 18 cupcakes
150 gm Cream cheese
4 Tbsp Orange marmalade
1/2 can Condensed milk
1 envelope flavorless gelatin
1/4 cup milk
75g Digestive biscuits
2 tbsp Butter (unsalted, melted)
Pinch of Salt
1/4 cup Nutella
2 tbsp milk
2 orange cup cakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 165 C. Finely grind the digestive, melted butter and salt in a food processor (or just use a zip lock bag and bang bang it comes to ashes). Equally divide it among 18 paper cup cakes and with your thumb, press it down firmly. Bake for 7 minutes and cool.
2. Mix the gelatin in the milk and keep aside.
3. Whisk together cream cheese, egg, marmalade, gelatin and condensed milk.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, till the center is firm. When it is baking in the oven it will puff up gloriously but when it comes out of the oven you shall see that the center eventually goes down forming almost cater at the center. But that is not a bad thing. Oh! it gives you a very good reason to fill that cater will nutella.
5. Once the cups cool, freeze the cup cakes for half an hour or alternatively refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Cut the orange cup cakes into thin slices and then using a melon scooper cut rounds. Put this rounds at the so called cater formed. Let me try an explain it with the picture below. See the second cupcake, the round slice forms the bases for the nutella. ( This is completely optional, I only did it because I had some cupcakes lying around. You could simply just fill the cater with nutella)
7. In a double boiler, melt nutella with the milk. Once the nutella becomes of the flowing consistency, pour it over the round sliced cake at the cater.
8. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
In case you don't like the sunflower take, how about just the simple girl thing. Pink and nutella?
Whichever way you like it, you have to try it. Its so GOOD!
And if you are kind with the little treats they will just come out perfectly. But I was mostly hogging.